Facebook, the social networking giant is loaded with a tremendous amount of features and many of those are not known to most of us. The feature to convert Facebook Profile to Page is definitely among one of them. Here in this article, we will be explaining about various aspects to be considered like Why, How, etc. while migrating any personal account to a page. Few might already know the need for doing so, however, to make the article logical we will also explain why should you consider converting in addition to the methods.
Why Should You Convert Facebook Profile To Page?
If you are using your profile for promoting a business on Facebook then you should better use a Page instead as according to Facebook Terms you cannot use your personal account/profile to represent something other than yourself, for instance, your business, institution etc.
So definitely you need a Facebook Page to represent/promote your business according to the Facebook policy. Now the advantage in using your profile as a Page is that all of your friends and followers will be converted to people who like your page. This way you don’t need to start from scratch i.e. creating a new Facebook Page for business and start inviting people to like and follow your page.
Here are a few other points that you can consider-
- Not only this, but the Facebook page also provides Insights for the followers so you can keep a track of the numbers of people who like or follow your page.
- Pages that are liked, are promoted more than the pages or profile that are followed.
- In the Facebook profile, there is a limit of 5000 friends but there is no such kind of restriction for the number of people who can follow or like your page.
Before proceeding to the methods, you should know what all information will be transferred and lost from your profile when you convert.
What All Will Be Transferred From Profile To Page?
- As already mentioned above all your friends and followers will be converted to people who like your Page.
- Your username will become your Page’s username(changeable).
- Your current profile picture will become your Page’s Profile Picture.
- You’ll continue with the same role on other Pages you manage.